ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft
Air India paints ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’symbol which means ONE ABSOLUTE BEING on its aircraft to mark Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s birth anniversary.
Flag carrier Air India has put the symbol on a Boeing 787 aircraft vertical stabilizer that will fly between Amritsar and UK thrice this week.
What Ik Onkar means?
In the first stage of evolution,there was no heaven, earth, four sources of life, speech, water, air, creation, destruction, seven oceans, rivers, lower or upper regions, hell, birth, death, transmigration, brahman, vishnu, siva, man, woman, pleasure, pain, sects of jogis, mantras, krishna, cows, varnas, brahmans, kshatriyas, gayatri gods, temples, holy places, vedas, semitic scriptures, shashtras and puranas. There was only NIRANKAR-(FORMLESS ONE).
In second stage of evolution is from NIRANKAR TO IK ONKAR-(ONE ABSOULUTE BEING). Here nirankar has folded into (akar)form as Apnai Api Sajio. He himself created himself.At this stage he was in a stage of ‘S’ SAMADH. This stage may also be expressed in GURU NANAK’s words in Sri Raga. ‘NIJ THAI’ i.e. at His own place. He himself control its evolution and its progression because he himself is immanent and transcendent and the creator of nature. In the beginning of the world, there was neither flesh nor breath. Then air, water, earth, fire, and ether were blendid with unseen light of GOD which united all the antagonistic elements to make one man. In this way, by GOD’s desire and Hukam all forms came into being.
Air India CMD Ashwani Lohani said that there was a demand to launch a direct flight from Amritsar to London and it was a good opportunity to launch it on the 550th Guru Purab.
“We realised that the exterior of a flight is unique and it can be used to promote tourism. We are celebrating 550th Guru Purab with the painting of ‘Ek Onkar’ which means ‘The God is One’ painting on the aircraft’s tail. Our flights are flying around the world and India’s message should reach maximum places. This is the reason behind this move,” he said.”We are going to launch a fight directly from Amritsar to the UK on October 31. We are getting a good response from passengers and the load factor on this route is also good. The first flight from Amritsar to Stansted (UK) is almost full,” he added.
Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh on Monday tweeted photos of the aircraft and appreciated Air India’s move.In a tweet, he said, “Heartwarming to see Ik Onkar’ painted on the tail of Air India’s Boeing 787 Dreamliner as part of the historic celebrations on the 550th Prakash Purb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.”
Heartwarming to see ‘Ik Onkar’ painted on the tail of @airindiain’s Boeing 787 Dreamliner as part of the historic celebrations on the #550thPrakashPurb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/rfKvsaCdBc
— Capt.Amarinder Singh (@capt_amarinder) October 28, 2019
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI - January 26, 2020
- The Father of Fibre Optics - November 18, 2019
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together. - November 8, 2019
- ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft - October 29, 2019
- Gurbani was read in the US Senate Chamber - October 23, 2019
- ARDAS - October 18, 2019
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House - October 6, 2019
- Canada: Jagmeet Singh Urged To Cut Off His Turban - October 4, 2019
- Motivational Tips for a Successful & Happy 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Sikh Art Exhibits in the UK - December 21, 2017
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.