A STEP TOWARDS INTERFAITH HARMONY
Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha on Alice Way, Hounslow, welcomed around 30 women and children from borough’s Ahmadiyya Muslim Community’s Baitul’s Wahid Mosque, in Raleigh Way, Hansworth as a step towards creating interfaith harmony between Muslims and Sikhs.
With the guided tour of the Gurdwara, they experienced some of the similarities between Islam and Sikhism and also saw how both places of worship are committed to serving the surrounding community with education and through voluntary work.
The visit was followed by the hot meal and with the presentation of two copies of Holy Quran; one in English and another translated in Punjabi for the Gurdwara library.
Members of the Sikh community also presented two faith books to the group of women, which will be stored in the Baitul Wahid Mosque library.
A donation was made by the Ahmadiyya Muslim ladies and they invited the Sikh community to visit their mosque.
Bushra Bhatti, of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, said: “This visit was very successful in bringing respect and harmony between both communities.”
- Guru Amar Das - May 21, 2015
- Experiences, Comments and Thoughts from the Front Line - April 23, 2015
- Made in India – DC Avanti - April 12, 2015
- Body of Missing Baljeev Johal Found - April 10, 2015
- UK Workplace Turban Law Amended - March 31, 2015
- Gurdwara Sri Degsar Sahib - March 27, 2015
- FBI to track violence against Sikhs, Hindus and Arabs - March 27, 2015
- New Train From Amritsar to Anandpur Sahib - March 25, 2015
- Importance of Blood Donation - March 14, 2015
- Green plan for Sikh Gurdwaras in Pakistan - March 8, 2015
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident
- 10 Oct 2017 World Mental Health Day Awareness and Support are Both Key
- India: Milkha Singh Wax Work Unveiled in Madame Tussauds
- UK: Bhai Sewa Singh Mandla OBE Passes Away