Calsa Care Awarded Employer of The Year
Calsa care has been awarded with the Employer of the year award by Wakefield College’s commercial training arm, Services to business. The annual award ceremony takes place at Waterton Building and recognises the hard, dedication and achievements.
Calsa care, based in Ponterfract was set in the year 2006, when it bought Vicarage Court Care Home, a 30-bed dementia care home in North Featherstone. Calsa Care developed this home making to the excellent rating.
This care home is triple the size of its original and provides nursing care, day care, dementia care and residential care as well. It also provides care services in areas such as obesity care, brain injuries and rehabilitation. Care home employs 73 staff including 7 nurses. It will employ over 100 staff, once the care home achieves full occupancy.
John Turner, Services to Business Market Development Manager, said,” Calsa Care have work very closely with Wakefield College and Job Centers to run a number of sector-based work academies in the community. They provide the opportunity for the people to gain qualifications in the health and social care sector and have resulted in the creation of over 20 permanent jobs within the company. They are worthy winners of this award and we look forward to continuing working together.”
Jagjit Singh, Director Calsa Care added, “It was pleasure to work closely with Wakefield College and Job Center Plus. Far too many people do not see care work as a professional career, however we have developed staff successfully to high standard to ensure the care delivered is of a very high standard. We have staff that came to us on work experience and within four years, we have developed them into managers. Other care staff is training to become nurses. We support staff to maximise their potential”
- Guru Amar Das - May 21, 2015
- Experiences, Comments and Thoughts from the Front Line - April 23, 2015
- Made in India – DC Avanti - April 12, 2015
- Body of Missing Baljeev Johal Found - April 10, 2015
- UK Workplace Turban Law Amended - March 31, 2015
- Gurdwara Sri Degsar Sahib - March 27, 2015
- FBI to track violence against Sikhs, Hindus and Arabs - March 27, 2015
- New Train From Amritsar to Anandpur Sahib - March 25, 2015
- Importance of Blood Donation - March 14, 2015
- Green plan for Sikh Gurdwaras in Pakistan - March 8, 2015
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father
- Mental Health Matters – Fact and Fiction
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000