Early painting of Baba Deep Singh Ji to be auctioned in UK
A wide selection of Punjab and Sikh related artifacts are set to be auctioned on May 21st by British Auction House Mullocks.
The highlight of the sales is an early watercolor of Baba Deep Singh Ji fighting Afghan forces, dating from the 1800′s, it’s expected to fetch £400-£600. According to the Auction house, the painting came from the collection of General Roberts who served in India during the late 19th century.
Other highlights include a historic painting of Maharaja Ranjit Singh with his Sikhs – early photographic views of the Golden Temple in Amritsar dating to 1864, portraits of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Duleep Singh, a large oil on canvas of Maharaja Rajinder Singh (below) and historical documents and books.
Mullocks Auctioneer Richard West-Wood Brookes said;
This is without a doubt one of the most important sales relating to the Punjab and the Sikh Empire in recent times”
The sales takes place in Ludlow, Shropshire (UK) on 21st May 2013. To the view the full catalog, please visit www.mullockauctions.co.uk
Large Painting of Rajinder Singh
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE - January 1, 2017
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh - December 31, 2016
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi - December 3, 2016
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October - October 7, 2016
- Redbridge’s First Sikh School - September 15, 2016
- The Rise of The Sikh Empire - September 8, 2016
- Teenager wins backing from 3 wealthy Dragons - July 26, 2016
- Sikh Man Builds Mosque for his Muslim Friend - June 30, 2016
- BBC’s Comedy Classroom – Calling Sikh Students! - June 14, 2016
- Maharaja Duleep Singh - May 24, 2016
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October
- Redbridge’s First Sikh School
- The Rise of The Sikh Empire