Early painting of Baba Deep Singh Ji to be auctioned in UK
A wide selection of Punjab and Sikh related artifacts are set to be auctioned on May 21st by British Auction House Mullocks.
The highlight of the sales is an early watercolor of Baba Deep Singh Ji fighting Afghan forces, dating from the 1800′s, it’s expected to fetch £400-£600. According to the Auction house, the painting came from the collection of General Roberts who served in India during the late 19th century.
Other highlights include a historic painting of Maharaja Ranjit Singh with his Sikhs – early photographic views of the Golden Temple in Amritsar dating to 1864, portraits of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Duleep Singh, a large oil on canvas of Maharaja Rajinder Singh (below) and historical documents and books.
Mullocks Auctioneer Richard West-Wood Brookes said;
This is without a doubt one of the most important sales relating to the Punjab and the Sikh Empire in recent times”
The sales takes place in Ludlow, Shropshire (UK) on 21st May 2013. To the view the full catalog, please visit www.mullockauctions.co.uk
Large Painting of Rajinder Singh
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House
- Canada: Jagmeet Singh Urged To Cut Off His Turban
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London