Green plan for Sikh Gurdwaras in Pakistan
A plan to explore green projects at Kartarpur and Nankana Sahib has endorsed by Pakistan, as a part of the celebration of 550th Gurpurab (birthday) of Guru Nanak Dev in 2019.
Rajwant Singh, president of EcoSikh US, was invited to Pakistan by its first Sikh member of Pakistan’s Punjab Assembly Ramesh Singh Arora. In his meetings with the government officials, Singh proposed that the 550th birthday of Guru Nanak Dev be celebrated in a unique way.
Singh also met Mr Ahsan Iqbal, Federal Minister of Planning Development and Reform, and discussed the possibilities of far-reaching environmental plans. Mr Ahsan Iqbal gave a positive response of forming a committee to formulate the master plans.
Plans include creating organic farmland for food, solar panels, dedicating forest areas and creating ethos of care for thousands of pilgrims who visit Nankana Sahib and Kartarpur every year.
Singh added that they also asked the environment ministry to share an environment assessment plan of the two areas to create a master sustainability projects.
Khalid Ali, secretary Evacuee Trust Property Board (Auqaaf) expressed his support to bring development under a green master plan. Solar energy plans were also part of the discussion for Nankana Sahib.
Nankana Sahib has thousands of acres of land associated with the shrine and is managed by the trust.
- Guru Amar Das - May 21, 2015
- Experiences, Comments and Thoughts from the Front Line - April 23, 2015
- Made in India – DC Avanti - April 12, 2015
- Body of Missing Baljeev Johal Found - April 10, 2015
- UK Workplace Turban Law Amended - March 31, 2015
- Gurdwara Sri Degsar Sahib - March 27, 2015
- FBI to track violence against Sikhs, Hindus and Arabs - March 27, 2015
- New Train From Amritsar to Anandpur Sahib - March 25, 2015
- Importance of Blood Donation - March 14, 2015
- Green plan for Sikh Gurdwaras in Pakistan - March 8, 2015
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father
- Mental Health Matters – Fact and Fiction
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000