Leicester Samaritans 5th Mental Health Fundraising Event
Thaliwal & Co Solicitors were delighted to have hosted their fifth annual Mental Health fundraising event at The City Rooms on 27 April 2016.
This year the Leicester Samaritans were their chosen charity to raise funds and awareness for the excellent work that they continue to do within the county. There were established over fifty years ago and originally were getting in the region of eight hundred calls per year. Currently this has risen to close to fifty thousand calls per year with one hundred and fifty volunteers doing some superb work in helping people in their time of need.
The event was attended by more than one hundred and fifty people at The City Rooms and the fundraising activities raised a sum in excess of £3000 which will help to support the work done by the Leicester Samaritans from their Leicester branch.
There were some insightful presentations from representatives of the Samaritans and the branch welcomes new volunteers to come forward and become involved in the services that they provide.
It was a very positive evening all round and Ranjit Thaliwal of Thaliwal & Co Solicitors said “it was a great privilege to have the opportunity of supporting the critical work that the Samaritans do within Leicestershire.
The support and advice they provide clearly has life changing and life saving consequences and hopefully more people will come forward to try to join their volunteer services going forward”.
If you would like to become involved then please contact Leicester Samaritans on 0116 2700 007
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review - November 14, 2017
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident - October 28, 2017
- 10 Oct 2017 World Mental Health Day Awareness and Support are Both Key - October 10, 2017
- India: Milkha Singh Wax Work Unveiled in Madame Tussauds - October 5, 2017
- UK: Bhai Sewa Singh Mandla OBE Passes Away - October 7, 2017
- Canada: Jagmeet Singh becomes leader of NDP - October 2, 2017
- UK MP Tanmanjeet Dhesi calls for direct flights between Amritsar – UK - September 27, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Lord Indarjit Singh CBE - September 25, 2017
- Basics of Sikhi, Jagraj Singh Passes Away - July 20, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident
- 10 Oct 2017 World Mental Health Day Awareness and Support are Both Key
- India: Milkha Singh Wax Work Unveiled in Madame Tussauds
- UK: Bhai Sewa Singh Mandla OBE Passes Away