Leicester Samaritans 5th Mental Health Fundraising Event
Thaliwal & Co Solicitors were delighted to have hosted their fifth annual Mental Health fundraising event at The City Rooms on 27 April 2016.
This year the Leicester Samaritans were their chosen charity to raise funds and awareness for the excellent work that they continue to do within the county. There were established over fifty years ago and originally were getting in the region of eight hundred calls per year. Currently this has risen to close to fifty thousand calls per year with one hundred and fifty volunteers doing some superb work in helping people in their time of need.
The event was attended by more than one hundred and fifty people at The City Rooms and the fundraising activities raised a sum in excess of £3000 which will help to support the work done by the Leicester Samaritans from their Leicester branch.
There were some insightful presentations from representatives of the Samaritans and the branch welcomes new volunteers to come forward and become involved in the services that they provide.
It was a very positive evening all round and Ranjit Thaliwal of Thaliwal & Co Solicitors said “it was a great privilege to have the opportunity of supporting the critical work that the Samaritans do within Leicestershire.
The support and advice they provide clearly has life changing and life saving consequences and hopefully more people will come forward to try to join their volunteer services going forward”.
If you would like to become involved then please contact Leicester Samaritans on 0116 2700 007
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.
- ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft
- Gurbani was read in the US Senate Chamber
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House