Man charged with murder of Ranjit Singh Power
- British millionaire Ranjit Singh Power went missing in India 2 weeks ago
- The businessman’s body was today found in woodland in northern India
- Indian police have charged a local taxi driver with murdering Mr Power, 54
- Local reports suggest he may have been killed over a property dispute
A man has been charged with the murder of a missing British multi-millionaire as police hunt his business partner.
Ranjit Singh Power, 54, who owns the Ramada Park Hall Hotel in Wolverhampton, had been missing since he flew to the country on May 7, leaving his family fearing he had been kidnapped after he failed to contact them.
Assistant Jalandhar Police commissioner Balwinder Singh says a man has been charged with his murder.
According to reports in India, it is believed Mr Power could have been killed over a property dispute.
Officers said driver Sukhdev Singh has been charged and will appear in court on Sunday.
Read the full story here
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- Want to write for Sikhs Online? - January 1, 2018
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara - December 31, 2017
- The Chaar Sahibzaade – POEM - December 26, 2017
- Melbourne School Change their Uniform Policy for a Sikh Boy - December 23, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017
- Canada – NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is Getting Married - December 19, 2017
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review - November 14, 2017
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident - October 28, 2017
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur
- First Female Turbaned Sikh Pilot Congratulated by SGPC
- Sikhs in USA showcase a floral spectacle
- Want to write for Sikhs Online?
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara