Man charged with murder of Ranjit Singh Power
- British millionaire Ranjit Singh Power went missing in India 2 weeks ago
- The businessman’s body was today found in woodland in northern India
- Indian police have charged a local taxi driver with murdering Mr Power, 54
- Local reports suggest he may have been killed over a property dispute
A man has been charged with the murder of a missing British multi-millionaire as police hunt his business partner.
Ranjit Singh Power, 54, who owns the Ramada Park Hall Hotel in Wolverhampton, had been missing since he flew to the country on May 7, leaving his family fearing he had been kidnapped after he failed to contact them.
Assistant Jalandhar Police commissioner Balwinder Singh says a man has been charged with his murder.
According to reports in India, it is believed Mr Power could have been killed over a property dispute.
Officers said driver Sukhdev Singh has been charged and will appear in court on Sunday.
Read the full story here
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father
- Mental Health Matters – Fact and Fiction
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000