Man charged with murder of Ranjit Singh Power
- British millionaire Ranjit Singh Power went missing in India 2 weeks ago
- The businessman’s body was today found in woodland in northern India
- Indian police have charged a local taxi driver with murdering Mr Power, 54
- Local reports suggest he may have been killed over a property dispute
A man has been charged with the murder of a missing British multi-millionaire as police hunt his business partner.
Ranjit Singh Power, 54, who owns the Ramada Park Hall Hotel in Wolverhampton, had been missing since he flew to the country on May 7, leaving his family fearing he had been kidnapped after he failed to contact them.
Assistant Jalandhar Police commissioner Balwinder Singh says a man has been charged with his murder.
According to reports in India, it is believed Mr Power could have been killed over a property dispute.
Officers said driver Sukhdev Singh has been charged and will appear in court on Sunday.
Read the full story here
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review - November 14, 2017
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident - October 28, 2017
- 10 Oct 2017 World Mental Health Day Awareness and Support are Both Key - October 10, 2017
- India: Milkha Singh Wax Work Unveiled in Madame Tussauds - October 5, 2017
- UK: Bhai Sewa Singh Mandla OBE Passes Away - October 7, 2017
- Canada: Jagmeet Singh becomes leader of NDP - October 2, 2017
- UK MP Tanmanjeet Dhesi calls for direct flights between Amritsar – UK - September 27, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Lord Indarjit Singh CBE - September 25, 2017
- Basics of Sikhi, Jagraj Singh Passes Away - July 20, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions
- The Boy with the Topknot – Film Review
- Munshi Singh and The Komagata Maru Incident
- 10 Oct 2017 World Mental Health Day Awareness and Support are Both Key
- India: Milkha Singh Wax Work Unveiled in Madame Tussauds
- UK: Bhai Sewa Singh Mandla OBE Passes Away