OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh
What great news to end 2016 with. Over the last few weeks, we’ve heard about the horrible losses in the media and entertainment World, and when this Press Release came into our inbox earlier this morning, the whole team were ecstatic.
Jasvir Singh, the founding Chair of City Sikhs, has been awarded an OBE by Her Majesty the Queen for services to faith, interfaith communities and social cohesion in the UK.
“I’m truly humbled by the honour, and it’s wonderful to see that the wide-ranging work of City Sikhs, the Faiths Forum for London, and the many other organisations and projects I’m involved in are being recognised in this way.” said Jasvir upon hearing the news.
City Sikhs was founded in October 2010 as a network for British Sikh professionals. Under Jasvir’s leadership, it has become one of the leading Sikh organisations in the country with over 6,000 individual members. City Sikhs deals with many of the diverse challenges facing modern Britain through a variety of projects, such as challenging hate crimes, promoting youth and female empowerment, improving faith literacy in society, and developing collaborative interfaith initiatives.
The core mission of City Sikhs is to create positive change in society, and it has established strong relationships with the Jewish, Muslim, Hindu and Christian communities throughout the UK to help achieve those aims.
From the team at Sikhs Online, we’d like to congratulate Jasvir Singh on all of his achievements and receiving this great honour.
Learn more about City Sikhs here
- A Remarkably Unique Home for Girls - April 2, 2017
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE - January 1, 2017
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh - December 31, 2016
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi - December 3, 2016
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October - October 7, 2016
- Redbridge’s First Sikh School - September 15, 2016
- The Rise of The Sikh Empire - September 8, 2016
- Teenager wins backing from 3 wealthy Dragons - July 26, 2016
- Sikh Man Builds Mosque for his Muslim Friend - June 30, 2016
- BBC’s Comedy Classroom – Calling Sikh Students! - June 14, 2016