OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh
What great news to end 2016 with. Over the last few weeks, we’ve heard about the horrible losses in the media and entertainment World, and when this Press Release came into our inbox earlier this morning, the whole team were ecstatic.
Jasvir Singh, the founding Chair of City Sikhs, has been awarded an OBE by Her Majesty the Queen for services to faith, interfaith communities and social cohesion in the UK.
“I’m truly humbled by the honour, and it’s wonderful to see that the wide-ranging work of City Sikhs, the Faiths Forum for London, and the many other organisations and projects I’m involved in are being recognised in this way.” said Jasvir upon hearing the news.
City Sikhs was founded in October 2010 as a network for British Sikh professionals. Under Jasvir’s leadership, it has become one of the leading Sikh organisations in the country with over 6,000 individual members. City Sikhs deals with many of the diverse challenges facing modern Britain through a variety of projects, such as challenging hate crimes, promoting youth and female empowerment, improving faith literacy in society, and developing collaborative interfaith initiatives.
The core mission of City Sikhs is to create positive change in society, and it has established strong relationships with the Jewish, Muslim, Hindu and Christian communities throughout the UK to help achieve those aims.
From the team at Sikhs Online, we’d like to congratulate Jasvir Singh on all of his achievements and receiving this great honour.
Learn more about City Sikhs here
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.