RDB Nominated for two Urban Music Awards
RDB are up for the Best UK Asian Act and Best Band competing against other talented and chart topping bands like The Noisettes, N Dubz and JLS. RDB have been making and producing music over a decade fusing Bhangra, Garage music and most recently working with the world’s largest film industry ‘Bollywood’.
RDB were the first ever British Asian artists to grace the cover of the Invincible magazine in April 2009 which is the official music magazine distributed across the world. Jordan Kensington, C.E.O personally contacted the brothers to grace the front cover to celebrate their contribution to music and breaking moulds. The award ceremony is set to be another high profile star studded affair with a brand new category for the best British Asian Act which sees, Jay Sean, M.I.A, Khiza, Talvin Singh and RDB.
Surj from RDB said “We are thrilled at the news; It’s an honour that our work is getting recognised and we are pushing Asian music in the right way. It’s brilliant that the UMA’s have a category for British Asian Music”.
Jordan Kensington C.E.O added;
“The Urban Music Awards has always been the place to find out past, present and future rising stars. Always striving to be the multi-cultural melting pot for talent, the UMA’s are proud to also launch the Best Asian Music Act category to promote and increase the exposure and awareness for acts of Asian origin.
The Urban Music Awards will allow the millions of followers of music and musicians of Asian origin throughout the UK the opportunity to vote for their favourite Asian Music act to win this prestigious award. Also, the launch of this new category will also give birth to the Desi UMA rising star competition. The competition will see entries from lesser known British Asian acts from all around the UK with the winner to be selected, announced an giving an opportunity to perform live at the UMA’s next month”
The UMA’s take place on 1st November 2009
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- Want to write for Sikhs Online? - January 1, 2018
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara - December 31, 2017
- The Chaar Sahibzaade – POEM - December 26, 2017
- Melbourne School Change their Uniform Policy for a Sikh Boy - December 23, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017