Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh
The Royal Mail is to mark 100 years since women were allowed to vote in the UK by featuring Princess Sophia Duleep Singh, granddaughter of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
Princess Sophia was a prominent suffragette who fought for women in this country over 100 years ago to have the right to vote.
Born a Christian, it is the first time a person of Sikh background has been featured on a Royal Mail stamp.
Royal Mail have confirmed that the above official design would be released on 15th February 2018.
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.