Sikh Community Care Project
Sikh Community Care Project (SCCP) is a community organisation which continues to focus on the development of Sikh and other South Asian Communities in East London. In the last year, its two operational offices, at Leyton and Ilford, have continued to expand the provision of social welfare, healthcare, sports and recreational activities along with the provision of advice, information guidance and support for youth, South Asian women and elderly members in the local community.
Since its inception in Waltham Forest in the year 1992, to its expansion to Redbridge in 2004, SCCP has continued to fill in a huge gap in the local community support service provision for the South Asian women and elderly by running a well-staffed and well-coordinated project with offices that offer guidance and support every day of the week besides providing a whole spectrum of weekly activities and stimulating, culturally-specific programmes that run the whole year for this target group.
Another chasm in the mainstream service provision that came to SCCP’s attention circa 2000 was the lack of sports and culturally-specific leisure activities for South Asian Youth. Since 2001, SCCP has researched and fastidiously developed a prolific initiative, The SCCP Youth Project which continues to expand every year and has managed to provide a whole stream of services from sports coaching to volunteering opportunities to Youth Forums, besides providing guidance and training.
Being a project that is concerned with the well-being of the South Asian people, SCCP is fully aware about the rampant health issues that ail this target group like Type-2 Diabetes and coronary heart disease, besides others. Hence, the provision of weekly yoga and other physical activities; monthly health-awareness seminars and numerous other health-centered endeavors like charity walks etc is something that the project will continue, as in the past.
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.