Sikh man attacked with knife in supermarket
North Wales, UK (January 17, 2015)- A 25-year-old man, armed with a hammer and a machete, launched a savage attack on an Asian shopper in Tesco mold on Wednesday. The attacker was held on suspicion of attempted murder, following what is believed to have been a racially motivated assault.
The 24-year-old Sikh man suffered what police described as “life-changing injuries”. The attack happened when the victim was buying lunch in Tesco. The attacker shouted “white power” as he attacked the victim.
Eyewitnesses said, “Attacker used a huge knife and they heard a lot of shouting to start with. Security was called over the loudspeaker then the couple of staff asking to get an ambulance was helping this victim. He had his hands on his stomach.”
It is understood the police knew the suspect, but it is not thought he had a record for violent assaults. There were unconfirmed reports that he had been in the Army.
Police believe the suspect was operating on his own, but are looking into whether he was part of a wider group. They were given extra time to question the man today.
West Midlands Police said that it was not believed that the attacks were religiously motivated. It added that they had increased police patrols in the area to reassure local people.
- Guru Amar Das - May 21, 2015
- Experiences, Comments and Thoughts from the Front Line - April 23, 2015
- Made in India – DC Avanti - April 12, 2015
- Body of Missing Baljeev Johal Found - April 10, 2015
- UK Workplace Turban Law Amended - March 31, 2015
- Gurdwara Sri Degsar Sahib - March 27, 2015
- FBI to track violence against Sikhs, Hindus and Arabs - March 27, 2015
- New Train From Amritsar to Anandpur Sahib - March 25, 2015
- Importance of Blood Donation - March 14, 2015
- Green plan for Sikh Gurdwaras in Pakistan - March 8, 2015
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House
- Canada: Jagmeet Singh Urged To Cut Off His Turban
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London