Sikhaid International is a humanitarian organisation run by volunteers and guided by fundamental principles of sikhism, one of which is seva – service rendered to humanity.
Seva is, for a sikh, an important ideal. Although the word Seva means ‘to serve,’ it has a deeper meaning in that the service offered is a form of worship and no worship is conceivable without Seva.
Voluntary Seva is a personal commitment, and seeks neither monetary reward, nor a shortcut to spiritual salvaiton. The Sikh Guru’s gave another more powerful purpose underlying the idea of Seva. In traditional indian society work involving capital labour was considered low and for the humblest caste. By sanctifying it as an honourable religious practice, Sikh gurus established the dignity of labour. By understanding the Guru’s message a Sikh serves selflessly, and becomes aware of his very soul and the ultimate truth within and he sees the same spirit within all existence. Through selfless seva he becomes ego less, and his consciousness merges in union with God, thus becoming Universal.
SikhAid Aims to:
- serve suffering humanity by providing and co-ordinating humanitarian assistance by offering aid and assistance to victims of disaster
- strive to assist in any possible way to combat poverty
- support and uphold human dignity and freedom
- promote the Sikh fundamental principle through education, material and financial support
SikhAid International in Action:
- Humanitarian Aid Projects in remote part of Africa and India
- Youth/children projects in conjunction with schools and local authoritie
- Joint Projects with voluntary and other charitable organisations
- Seminars and workshops for young people and members of the public
- SikhAid is currently being set up in the USA, Canada, India & East Africa
Support: SikhAid International
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.
- ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft
- Gurbani was read in the US Senate Chamber
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House