Sikhi Q&A – Why do Sikhs wear turbans?
Why Sikhs have a distinct visual appearance of uncut hair and a turban. Why do some even carry swords and wear iron bracelets. Why do Sikhs want to stand out from the crowd? Is it ritualism? Are they dividing off from others? Does a turban and beard get you into ‘heaven’? This video courtesy of Basics of Sikhi (YouTube Channel) gives five complementary perspectives into why Sikhs wear Turbans and wish to stand out from the crowd.
More videos from Basics of Sikhi on YouTube
You can learn more about and donate to Everythings13 here.
- WATCH – LBC interview with Mohan Singh on Grooming Gangs - May 16, 2017
- A Remarkably Unique Home for Girls - April 2, 2017
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE - January 1, 2017
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh - December 31, 2016
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi - December 3, 2016
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October - October 7, 2016
- Redbridge’s First Sikh School - September 15, 2016
- The Rise of The Sikh Empire - September 8, 2016
- Teenager wins backing from 3 wealthy Dragons - July 26, 2016
- Sikh Man Builds Mosque for his Muslim Friend - June 30, 2016
- WATCH – LBC interview with Mohan Singh on Grooming Gangs
- A Remarkably Unique Home for Girls
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October