Sikhi Q&A – Why do Sikhs wear turbans?
Why Sikhs have a distinct visual appearance of uncut hair and a turban. Why do some even carry swords and wear iron bracelets. Why do Sikhs want to stand out from the crowd? Is it ritualism? Are they dividing off from others? Does a turban and beard get you into ‘heaven’? This video courtesy of Basics of Sikhi (YouTube Channel) gives five complementary perspectives into why Sikhs wear Turbans and wish to stand out from the crowd.
More videos from Basics of Sikhi on YouTube
You can learn more about and donate to Everythings13 here.
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- Want to write for Sikhs Online? - January 1, 2018
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara - December 31, 2017
- The Chaar Sahibzaade – POEM - December 26, 2017
- Melbourne School Change their Uniform Policy for a Sikh Boy - December 23, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017