Sikhi Q&A – Why do Sikhs wear turbans?
Why Sikhs have a distinct visual appearance of uncut hair and a turban. Why do some even carry swords and wear iron bracelets. Why do Sikhs want to stand out from the crowd? Is it ritualism? Are they dividing off from others? Does a turban and beard get you into ‘heaven’? This video courtesy of Basics of Sikhi (YouTube Channel) gives five complementary perspectives into why Sikhs wear Turbans and wish to stand out from the crowd.
More videos from Basics of Sikhi on YouTube
You can learn more about and donate to Everythings13 here.
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.