Six questioned after sports bar shooting
Police arrested six men in their twenties and a woman aged 19 on suspicion of murder following the shooting on Tuesday of a 47-year-old father of four in Bilston in the West Midlands.
A police officer and paramedics lost the battle to save Suvinder Singh Batth, a well known figure in UK gabbadi circles, at Gavin’s Sports Bar in The Orchard, Bilston. He was pronounced dead on arrival at New Cross Hospital shortly after midnight on Tuesday.
Mr Baath, from Moxley, was reportedly shot outside the bar and cradled at first in the arms of his son Gavin, after whom the bar, of which Mr Baath was licensee, was named.
A post mortem has established that he died from a single gunshot to his chest.
A superintendent’s extension has been obtained to allow questioning to be extended but police are also asking the public to get in touch if they have information
They moved swiftly after the incident to arrest and question four men and the woman and subsequently brought two other men into custody. One of the original four men was released.
Police invite those who may have information to contact the Major Investigation Unit at West Bromwich police station on 0845 113 5000 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Det Chief Insp Joanne Clews urged anyone who may have been at Gavin’s Bar on Monday evening or early Tuesday morning to get in touch because small pieces of information could prove vital to the investigation.
She told the BBC: “If someone has information and is worried about coming forward (they should) please be assured there are a number of ways in which we can help.”
Search warrants have been issued to help the investigation.
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.