The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK
3rd December, 2018 – London The Earl and Countess of Wessex visited the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Southall to celebrate their new licensing to offer The Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
The Earl and Countess met people taking part in the DofE Awards at the Gurdwara and found out more about the activities they can take part in to achieve their gold, silver or bronze awards.
The Earl and Countess also visited the Prayer Hall (Darbar Sahib) to pay their respects, by bowing to the book of Sikh scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib.
The Sri Guru Singh Sabha is the largest Sikh institute outside of India and is the first Sikh body registered for The Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.
- ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft