Want to write for Sikhs Online?
I hope you’ve had a wonderful break and want to wish you a very happy and prosperous new year!
One of the key project aims for us in 2018 is expanding our readership as well as diversify the content available on our platform. For those of you who do not know much about us, here’s a quick overview.
I set up Sikhs Online way back in 2006 when online media was pretty much non-existent and since then, I along with a small group of volunteers have sustained steady growth. We publish a wide range of content on Sikh News, History, Religion, Arts & Culture and Business & Economics.
WRITER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
In order for us to continue growing and providing a unique space for rich content that is available to everyone in the World to read and share, we’re looking for volunteer writers, journalists and contributors including bloggers.
As you may already be aware, the theme would be ‘sikh related’ but this is not always required if you’re writing for the Arts & Culture or Business & Economics categories.
So, if you’re interested in having your work published on a long established News & Media Publishing platform, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications are open to anyone from around the World has excellent English writing skills, an interest in online media publishing or journalism.
We’re generally very flexible as we appreciate that this is a volunteer role, however we’d would require the following:
1. Photograph of yourself (this may be published on the website and across social media)
2. To be able to contribute at least 2/3 unique articles per month
3. Article must be atleast 500 words
4. An interest in online media and publishing ‘Sikh related’ content
Q. Can non-Sikh members volunteer?
A. Yes. Absolutely. I would personally love to hear from you.
Q. I may not be able to commit to 2/3 articles, but would love to volunteer, may I still apply?
A. Yes. Certainly.
Q. Do you cover any expenses?
A. Unfortunately, we are unable to do so at this stage. But please contact me to discuss further
Q. I can only write on one specific topic, can I still volunteer?
A. Yes. As long your writing meets and falls under our already specified categories, you may still volunteer.
Q. What will I receive as a volunteer?
A. We will let our followers and friends on social media know that you’re volunteering and publically show our gratitude. This may also help you if you’re new to writing for a news/media publishing organisation. After we’ve published you first 10 articles, we will send you a certificate of appreciation by email.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, country of residence, your CV or a letter of intention and any writing work you may have done in the past.
I look forward to hearing and working with you in 2018!
Founder & Chief Editor
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.