Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi
On 30th November 2016, it was announced on the official Facebook page of Everythings 13 – Basics of Sikhi, that their founder, Bhai Jagraj Singh is battling stage 4 cancer which has spread to his liver and sadly he may only have a few months to live.
It is with a very heavy heart that I write and share this news as I’ve personally been following Jagraj’s YouTube videos since the very beginning and believe that he has touched and inspired more people to come closer to the Sikh faith than anybody else in recent history. This maybe mainly due to the power of social media where he has been able to connect to a much wider audience.
Jagraj is a graduate of the University of Oxford, where he obtained a BA (Hons) and MA (Oxon), Politics, Philosophy and Economics where he specialised in Economics and Greek Philosophy. Jagraj served as an Army Officer for the British Army from January 2003 – December 2007.
The Basics of Sikhi YouTube channel has over 50,000 subscribers and over 1200 videos, which cover a vast range of topics include; How and Why Sikhism was created, Katha (historical stories) in English, Courses and Street Parchar.
May Waheguru (God) bless Jagraj and his family with a miraculous recovery.
- A Remarkably Unique Home for Girls - April 2, 2017
- Ustad Sital Singh Sitara Awarded MBE - January 1, 2017
- OBE for City Sikhs founding Chair, Jasvir Singh - December 31, 2016
- Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi - December 3, 2016
- World Mental Health Day, 10th October - October 7, 2016
- Redbridge’s First Sikh School - September 15, 2016
- The Rise of The Sikh Empire - September 8, 2016
- Teenager wins backing from 3 wealthy Dragons - July 26, 2016
- Sikh Man Builds Mosque for his Muslim Friend - June 30, 2016
- BBC’s Comedy Classroom – Calling Sikh Students! - June 14, 2016