Watch – Emotional Tribute from Basics of Sikhi
On 30th November 2016, it was announced on the official Facebook page of Everythings 13 – Basics of Sikhi, that their founder, Bhai Jagraj Singh is battling stage 4 cancer which has spread to his liver and sadly he may only have a few months to live.
It is with a very heavy heart that I write and share this news as I’ve personally been following Jagraj’s YouTube videos since the very beginning and believe that he has touched and inspired more people to come closer to the Sikh faith than anybody else in recent history. This maybe mainly due to the power of social media where he has been able to connect to a much wider audience.
Jagraj is a graduate of the University of Oxford, where he obtained a BA (Hons) and MA (Oxon), Politics, Philosophy and Economics where he specialised in Economics and Greek Philosophy. Jagraj served as an Army Officer for the British Army from January 2003 – December 2007.
The Basics of Sikhi YouTube channel has over 50,000 subscribers and over 1200 videos, which cover a vast range of topics include; How and Why Sikhism was created, Katha (historical stories) in English, Courses and Street Parchar.
May Waheguru (God) bless Jagraj and his family with a miraculous recovery.
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- Want to write for Sikhs Online? - January 1, 2018
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara - December 31, 2017
- The Chaar Sahibzaade – POEM - December 26, 2017
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future?
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh