What are Veneers?
A veneer is a new front layer for a tooth, custom made from porcelain. Veneers can be used to close gaps or lighten tooth colour and align crowded or protruding teeth.
A veneer is a facing on the front of your teeth usually your top teeth, which is just like a false finger nail.
Veneers are made out of porcelain and are used mainly for aesthetic reasons.
Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy, and because they are very thin and are held in place by a special strong bond (rather like super-glue) very little preparation of the tooth is needed.
Veneers can improve the colour, shape and position of teeth. A precise shade of porcelain can be chosen to give the right colour to improve a single discoloured or stained tooth or to lighten front teeth (usually the upper ones) generally.
Veneers can also be used to close small gaps, when orthodontics (braces) are not suitable. If one tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer can sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others.
Article sponsored by
If you are looking for specialist dental treatment in the East London area, please visit Dr G.S. Ubhi his staff at:
Upton Park Dentalcare
386-388 Green Street
Tel: 020 8552 929
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo - April 15, 2020
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- The life of Amrita Sher-Gil: India’s Frida Kahlo
- The Impact of Social Media on Young People
- Time to Change 6th Feb 2020
- AMAR SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.