Zero pollution motorbike struts its stuff
A motorcycle designed in the Punjab which runs on nothing but compressed air is showing its paces on a YouTube videoclip.
The inventors are a group of students at Guru Nanak Dev Ji Engineering College in the city of Ludhiana.
The 100cc machine runs on carbon dioxide and omits no combustion exhausts.
The students were asked by a tutor to invent something eco-friendly and economic.
Mounting large tanks of compressed air either side of the bike, they have done just that. Currently it can travel only a short distance but he students are confident they can improve on that.
Manufacturers in India, a land afflicted by automotive pollution, will watch their progress with interest.
You can watch the prototype in action on this YouTube clip.
- World Mourns The Demise of Deputy Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal - September 30, 2019
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Southall, UK - December 8, 2018
- Direct Flights Between London Luton Airport and Amritsar - November 27, 2018
- Empire of the Sikhs Exhibition Opens in London - July 10, 2018
- Indian Athlete Dedicates Gold Medal to his Father - August 28, 2018
- Maharani Jind Kaur’s Jewellery Sells for £182,000 - July 5, 2018
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- The Father of Fibre Optics
- India-pakistan celebrates Guru Nanak dev Ji’s 550th birth anniversary together.
- ੴ ‘Ik Onkar’ symbol painted on aircraft
- Gurbani was read in the US Senate Chamber
- EastEnders – The Panesar Brothers in the House