Zero pollution motorbike struts its stuff
A motorcycle designed in the Punjab which runs on nothing but compressed air is showing its paces on a YouTube videoclip.
The inventors are a group of students at Guru Nanak Dev Ji Engineering College in the city of Ludhiana.
The 100cc machine runs on carbon dioxide and omits no combustion exhausts.
The students were asked by a tutor to invent something eco-friendly and economic.
Mounting large tanks of compressed air either side of the bike, they have done just that. Currently it can travel only a short distance but he students are confident they can improve on that.
Manufacturers in India, a land afflicted by automotive pollution, will watch their progress with interest.
You can watch the prototype in action on this YouTube clip.
- Lepra urges UK Government not to neglect Leprosy - January 31, 2018
- Could you give a Sikh child a brighter future? - January 30, 2018
- Roko Cancer Charitable Trust - January 22, 2018
- Royal Mail stamp to feature Princess Sophia Duleep Singh - January 15, 2018
- Welcome to the team Rajveer Kaur - January 9, 2018
- Want to write for Sikhs Online? - January 1, 2018
- New Years Eve programme not to be missed at Guru Maneyo Granth Gurdwara - December 31, 2017
- The Chaar Sahibzaade – POEM - December 26, 2017
- Melbourne School Change their Uniform Policy for a Sikh Boy - December 23, 2017
- Meet The Woman Behind London Finance Solutions - October 15, 2017